It is our great privilege at Combat Female Veterans Families United to confirm Kelli Harmon has been selected as a 2019 “Outstanding Combat Female Veteran of North Carolina.”
The criteria for this inaugural award included a combination of the following:
• Candidate must have served in the United States Armed Forces in some capacity during a period of war
• Candidate must personify integrity, high character, and selflessness
• Candidate may have overcome barriers in her quest to achieve her goals post-war
• Candidate has made a positive impact in her local North Carolina community since her return to civilian life
• Candidate’s personal achievements are demonstrative of CFVF United’s ultimate goal – to help ensure each Combat Female Veteran has the opportunity to prosper in her life after war
The Award Selection Committee, along with the CFVF United Board of Directors, extends our heartfelt gratitude and congratulations to Kelli Harmon – for her service, for her persistence, and for her fortitude. Thank you, Kelli Harmon, for being an example to all those who follow in your footsteps!
We're excited to share with you that Kelli Harmon will be awarded and recognized for her cumulative military service and post-war accomplishments on Friday, May 10th, from 4:00-7:00 p.m., at the Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh. The evening will be a collaborative affair, hosted by the office of Secretary Larry D. Hall of the North Carolina Department of Military & Veterans Affairs.